Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week Eight - Real People or Virtual People?

1. Read all of the notes.
2. Watch PowerPoint.
3. Watch video.
4. Complete survey.
5. Download the new Google web browser (Chrome) and try it out. What do you think of it?
I am quite impressed with Google's Chrome browser. It took less than two minutes to download and install onto my laptop. The features that I like about it are the minimalistic user interface and the merging of the address bar and search bar. It still has all of the features of other web browsers (and more!) but it is simplified into icons including 'back', 'forward', 'reload' and 'homepage'. The additional tabs that I thought were useful were 'control the current page' and 'customise and control Google Chrome'. The latter tab included applications such as history, bookmark manager and downloads. I found that the history application was very useful as it listed all of the previously browsed web sites by date and time order. You are also given the option to clear your history (I hear a sigh of relief from many people!!) Finally I thought it was a nice touch to allow users to personalise their browser. As a result, my browser is 'pretty in pink'. Hopefully my boyfriend appreciates my good taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment